The Concordia community began in 1906 in the Central District of Seattle at the Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd. Later on, the school moved to Trinity Lutheran Church in the Capitol Hill neighborhood. In the late 50s, the school transitioned to Wedgwood where one of our campuses is currently located. An addition and full size gymnasium was built in the 1970’s to accommodate the growing student body. Lamb of God Preschool in the Lake City neighborhood joined our Concordia community in 2011.
While our locations have changed over the years, our mission of serving students and their families in Seattle has not. We are blessed to currently have our two preschool campuses in Lake City and Wedgwood as well as our elementary and middle school campus in Wedgwood.
Our school is supported and owned by five association Lutheran Church Missouri Synod congregations: Messiah Lutheran Church, Lamb of God Lutheran Church, Epiphany Lutheran Church, Trinity Lutheran Church, and Lutheran Church of the Good Shepherd.
Recent graduates have attended Nathan Hale High School, Roosevelt High School, Seattle Lutheran High School, Shoreline Christian High School, and Aviation High School.
Alumni are in careers such as teaching, small business owners, marketing, accounting, and even a stand up comedian.