At Concordia our desire for teachers and staff is to exemplify the Christian faith and life, serving as role models both in word and deed inside and outside of school. We look to share the truth of Jesus Christ with students, families, faculty and the community at large.
Concordia is currently seeking an Administrative Assistant, Elementary Summer Camp Assistant Teacher, Assistant Preschool Teacher and Elementary After-School Care Teacher.
Full-Time Administrative Assistant
- Manage day to day communication and business tasks (incoming/outgoing mail, answering phone, emails, depositing checks, logging bills, printing/distributing materials, maintain door key system, communication with janitorial staff, manage student/staff files, enrollment for school/extended care/summer camp, coordinate hot lunches, etc)
- Learn, use, and train others in Sycamore, Student Information System
- Assist students with first aid or simple medical or medication needs.
- Submit orders for restocking janitorial and office materials
- Volunteer management
- Assist administrator, preschool directors, and bookkeeper with various tasks including marketing and development tasks, filing/reporting items mandated by state and LCMS, student report cards, communication to families, and editing
- Assist in emergency procedure drills, emergency information
- Help the school (as applicable) fulfill its mission of being, “a nurturing, Christ-centered community serving all Seattle families by providing individualized academic, spiritual and social development”
- Personable with staff, families, and students
- Independent in tasks yet willing to ask for help when needed
- Professional (punctuality, dress, demeanor)
- Example of Christ’s love to others in words and actions
Professional Skills and Qualifications
- Proficiency in Word, Excel, Gmail (Publisher and WordPress preferred as well)
- Ability to multitask and manage priorities of tasks
- Detailed oriented and organized
- Experience in office management position preferred, not required
- CPR/First Aide Certified (can work towards this before start date)
- Monday-Friday 8 am-4:30 pm, Paid Time Off holidays and breaks as fitting to school calendar (3 days at Thanksgiving, 2 weeks at Christmas, 3 days midwinter break, 1 week Spring Break)
- Pay: Salary is negotiable, Range $43,000-$46,000
- Benefits included
- Start Date: May 31 preferred
Email cover letter and resume to Christine Malone, Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Elementary Summer Camp Assistant Teacher
Assistant Preschool Teacher
Pay: $17.27 per hour
Description: Christian licensed childcare center; assisting lead teachers in 3-5 year-old preschool classes. Provide supervision and monitor afternoon activities. Provide COVID-19 disinfecting and cleaning at the end of the day. Monday through Friday.
Desired qualifications: Prior experience working with preschool-age children. Candidate should be comfortable teaching Christian principles to young children. Although not required, DCYF requirements (First Aid/CPR/Background Check/TB Test/ 30 hours STARS training/etc.) and/or ECE coursework preferred. Please email email@example.com with a resume and cover letter to apply.
Elementary After-School Care Teacher
Interested?: Email Christine at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 206-525-7407
Concordia Lutheran School provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, age, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, Concordia Lutheran School complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.